1. Gather dry flowers from the garden. (They can’t be wet or they could burn.)
2. Cut two pieces of cardboard the size of a standard piece of paper and lay a sheet of paper on top of one.
3. Arrange flowers and pedals how you like, making sure that they will not touch when squashed. Lay two sheets on top of that layer and start another. Lay up to 7 layers of flowers, end with another piece of paper and place the second piece of cardboard on top.
5. Set in a rotating microwave for two minutes on medium heat. Remove and set under a stack of books until entirely cooled (about a half hour). Bulkier flowers should be done twice.
7. Store in small envelopes, not ziplock plastic bags. If there is a bit of moisture still in the flowers, they would mold in plastic.
That's it! There are many crafts that can be done with pressed flowers. In a post soon I will show some of the beautiful cards Angela makes. Let me know what you think!